Thursday 1 November 2007

And I very nearly screamed

I got on the bus at the train station for the last leg of my journey to work, just as usual. It was running late, as usual. I got on, flashed my travel card at the bus driver who smiled and nodded and I went and sat in the seat I usually sit in. I see the same people every morning: the couple in their early 30s - you can tell that they live apart, and you can definitely tell when they've spent the night together; the two old ladies in the seats in front of me with matching plastic scarf/hat things to keep the damp off their freshly permed hair; the student in jeans that are big enough to fit at least three people in them, listening to Slayer or occasionally Cannibal Corpse loud enough so that everyone else riding the bus can hear it too. Very kind, I must say.

This morning, I was rocking out to a little Lynyrd Skynyrd on my way in, on the super-duper iPod (that I still don't really know how to use) my uncle gave me for my birthday which plays videos and has games and stuff, and playing Brick - you know, the game with all the bricks at the top that you have to knock out with the ball by controlling the paddle at the bottom. Two stops down the road, this guy got on, obviously high or drunk and stood by the exit doors, next to where I was sitting. Next thing I knew, he turned towards me and grabbed my iPod. The dude tried to steal my iPod! From out of my hands!! Who the hell did he think he was? And did he seriously think that I was going to let him make off with it? Hell no. Especially when I grabbed it off him and kicked him in the shin. I think he was a bit taken aback by my reaction. What did he think, that I was just going to let him have it?! Cheeky bastard. As soon as the bus slowed down enough at the traffic lights, he quickly pressed the emergency door release button, jumped out and promptly fell in to the road before getting up and stumbling off in the opposite direction.

And we hadn't even gotten to Westminster yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL - "cheeky bastard". Way to go.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I applaud your knee-jerk (errr...knee-kick??) reaction! You go girl!

coffeesnob said...

protect the pilk.

speculating about the living arrangements of the couple in front—very english.

what's westminster got to do with it?