Wednesday 9 April 2008

Brussels - Part II

On the second day I did more walking around the center and less hiking to see buildings miles away.


I took this picture, because he looks strangely like Schnarf:


See?


This guy owned a fantastic Belgian chocolate shop. He made all his own truffles and stuff...


And this shop sold cookies. The mannequin in the window was great!



I did do some trekking out of the city to see the Basilique, (after having a Belgian waffle with melted dark chocolate). It was really grey, so the photos aren't too good, but this building was absolutely magnificent. I had to make do with taking photos from the outside only - there was a da Vinci exhibition inside so cameras were verboten, and in the church part there was a funeral. I don't think they would have appreciated me barging in to snap the architecture.



This, I found hilarious! A picture of the Mannekin Pis - do not pee in the garden...


By this time, my Eurostar train was about 2 hours from leaving and I still had to collect my bags from the hotel and make my way to the Midi, so I had to leave.

Brussels is a beautiful city, and I'd recommend it to everyone who travels to Europe.


No comments: