Wednesday 11 April 2007

Back to it!

Chocolate, chocolate chocolate

4 days off. Fantastic! Not that I actually did anything worth talking about, but hey. It was just so nice to have time off to recharge and chill out a bit. After working pretty much a fifty hour week, you do tend to get a little sleepy. I also had a message from Mr L on Saturday. All it said was "Hi". Nothing else. The likelihood of me responding was pretty slim anyway, but what on earth is one meant to say to that? What a waste of a text message. No news, nothing interesting. Just the shortest and probably most boring word imaginable. Needless to say, I didn't reply.
I did, howsomever, spend the weekend eating chocolate as if it was going out of fashion. I felt sick at more than one point and think that my arteries are now lined thickly with cocoa. Nice. I do love chocolate though.

The news over the past couple of months has been horrendous, what with the string of young kids being stabbed. And then on Saturday another boy was killed. He was only 14. And he was killed by a 13 year old. I don't care what people say but I do not agree that it is all due to how
badly black youths are treated, and how they feel they have to turn to gangs for 'father figures' and to feel 'safe'. Bollocks. These kids think it's cool to hang aroung in groups and torment others, carry knives, act like idiots. The only thing is, I haven't yet come up with a way to solve the problem.



Work again

Tuesday was slightly fraught. Our CEO is over from the States so everyone is on their best behaviour. Where we would normally wear jeans and dress casually, everyone is in suits and smart clothes. He was meant to show up yesterday but was jet-lagged, so was here today. I'd never met him before, but found him quite amiable. He's one of these larger than life characters and was already giving us a grilling having only been here for about ten minutes. Anyhow, we're all off to the Savoy Grill for dinner tonight which should be good. Yummy!

No comments: