Wednesday 4 April 2007

Oh dear, oh dear

Well, it's my third day as a permanent employee. Nothing has changed from when I was a temp, really. Things are hectic. The auditors are in, so I haave the guys in the States chasing me every day for some invoice or other. In fact, I have one of them on the IM now asking about a computer. It just seems non stop, but I'm loving it! However, a 4 day weekend is just what I need right now. I get to work at 7.30am and don't leave til 5.30 which makes it rather a long day. Not to mention, the number 11 bus to Victoria never runs on time, so it's a bit hit-and-miss whether I make my train or not. Usually I get home just before 7, which leaves me little time to do everything I really should do in the evening. I've been really lax with my gym visits recently, which I really shouldn't be. So, this weekend is going to be one long gym-fest. I'm determined to do 8 hours in there between Friday and Monday. Says she sitting at her desk looking longingly at a Mars bar. Even though it's wrapped in a carrier bag. Hmmm.


Guilt messages

After seeing Mr L at the pub over the weekend, where he was particularly 'civil', for want of a better word, I've had pretty much constant text messages from him. You know, the messages that make you feel like a terrible, terrible person. He keeps saying he loves me, and how he only wants what makes me happy, whether that's with or without him. He's thinking of me. He can't understand why I have gone cold (which, I might add, I have not. I just do not feel that endless text messages are appropriate!) It's literally like a barrage of words. It feels as if he is backing me in to a corner, trying to make me feel like the bad guy, when in fact the real reason I don't want this is because he's married. There. I've said it. Mr L is married. No, we haven't slept together. And that's only because I refuse to let that happen. We were never even 'together'. I didn't get too attached for the reason that it is just plain wrong. I really do not care how crap his marriage is, or how he is starting divorce proceedings or any of that. I am 22 and have other things to focus on, without helping make his marriage worse and getting in to a relationship with so much excess stuff. God, I sound like such a bitch. I just don't know how to word this debacle. There is no nice way to put it.


Networking

While Mr L has been bothering me, I have been trying to take my mind off things, and have joined a networking site that all my uni friends are part of too. I thought it was just a fantastic way to keep in touch and find out what's going on. Until I realised just how many people use it, and now I just think it is absolutely incredible! I have not only got in touch with people from school that I haven't seen in four years, but also people from my primary school! I mean, we're talking 11 or 12 years since I've seen some of these people! It is fantastic, and also a great way to keep/get back in touch with people.


Easter

And now, on my way home, I am going to stop off at Paperchase. I bought my colleague's two children each an egg for Easter, and I want to try and find some of those little furry yellow chicks so I can decorate them.

I, however, will NOT be eating chocolate eggs, as I will be far too busy in the gym.

No comments: