Monday 2 April 2007

Woohoo!

Work!
So, it's my first day as a PERMANENT employee. And after months and months of searching for a job (apparently companies generally do NOT want to employ bright, intelligent, dependable young graduates with good degrees from Red Brick universities) I am finally officially permanent. Yay! I've been working for these guys (through a temp agency) for over six months now, and I know the job inside out, but, now I have business cards. Actual business cards, with my name on and everything. The opportunities are absolutely fantastic, I love the guys I work with, the money's good and I have so much responsibility. Things are great!


And then the rest...
Now, I just need to sort the rest of my life out. My 'romantic' life is an absolute mess, and, until I get paid at the end of the month, so is my financial one.
I broke up with Mr Misery at the beginning of January. He's a depressive. Seriously. Nothing good could happen (to him, or anybody else) without there being a negative side to it. It ended up depressing me. Not just that, but apparently the world owed him, and anyone who had more than him, or was happier than him was just lucky. He rarely had one nice word to say about anyone, and was probably one of the most selfish people I have ever met. I thought I could fix him, but obviously not. Instead, after nearly a year, I just had to get out. And I did. E-mail is not even remotely how I suggest anyone should end their relationship, but the thought of the crying and guilt-trip I would have to endure was just too much to take.

There never was anyone else. Not really anyway. Mr Misery and I were never going to last. In fact, I'm not the only one who was surprised we were together so long. I just really couldn't stand the thought of the guilt-trip if and when I finally called it off. Else I would have been single by September. However, there was/is Mr L. Which, again, I have called off. He means the world to me, and by the sounds of things I mean the same to him. But he's attached and things are too complicated. He's also quite a bit older than me which doesn't make matters any better. I saw him on Saturday night at our local and things were awkward. I know how he feels and he knows how I feel, but no-one else in there does, which is a feat in itself. He's not happy that I've called things off, but I refuse to be a his bit on the side, and am in no position to deal with all his baggage as well as my own. So, I am officially single.

And right now it's the best thing. At least I think so anyway.

And there's a really nice guy who works downstairs. For now he shall be known as The Cutie..

No comments: