Monday 16 July 2007

PWNED. AGAIN.

Today I am not proud to be Argentine. Slightly more than I was yesterday after la Copa América final against Brazil, but still not proud. The two giants of Latin American futbol met for a rematch of what was a mess in 2004. The fateful day when, in the 93rd minute, Brazil equalized and Argentina lost, as only Argentina can, (Argentina, and England, (lo siento, but it's true) because England are even worse) at penalty shoot-outs.

I was so sure that we would win. Brazil were playing their B team. We couldn't lose! I mean, Brazil lost their first game to Mexico, goddamit. We hammered Mexico. We seriously slapped them with a huge wet fish while Brazil only just managed to beat Uruguay. But no. We went like jackhammers from the start, saving not a lot for the final. We have not beaten Brazil in the final since we won the Cup in 1993.

Next time we will. Even if I have to play myself.

PS: And to that sneaky little Guatemalan with the paint on his top lip? Dude...

1 comment:

El Guapo in DC said...

A waited a week to say anything, but my mustache was starting to twitch.

En serio, awesome game. And to have your captain score against himself? Ay, perfecto.