Monday 20 August 2007

My date went swimmingly.

It was so nice to have a human conversation about relevant, important things. It was so nice to spend time with someone who is not only smart and very well read, but who is also witty and a real gentleman. These are the attributes I thought had died out with my father's era, and yet I am able to spend an evening with someone who is only four years older than me, AND knows how to hold a knife without looking like he's writing an essay. Dinner was fantastic, as it always is at Gaucho. He admitted to knowing nothing about wine, so I chose. We ended up going for dinner first, as my train was delayed coming back to the City, before heading out for some blues and cocktails. I got to wear my new shoes which were unreal-ly comfortable the entire night. We laughed, we chatted, we danced, and then at the end of the night he took me home in a cab, before heading off himself (he's about an hour away, the other side of town). He kissed me, I blushed and lost all my words and before I had even had a shower and gotten in to bed I had a message saying "thank you". He called me yesterday evening and we're going out again on Thursday. Maybe I'm being too eager to have accepted again too soon? I have this stupid smile on my face that I just can't get rid of. Even with the rugger result.

3 comments:

coffeesnob said...

i don't like to act all mary whitehouse, telling people what to do (especially when on dates), but since when is 6 days after too soon? who was put off by a little eagerness or enjoyment?

Anonymous said...

I'm with coffeesnob. Go forth and date this man. Tomorrow, if need be. Just GO! :)

RB said...

Woah. I'm so sorry to hear about your mangled digits. However, as far as recoveries go, you could do worse than a nice date with an intelligent boy. Go you!