Friday 8 June 2007

Kids

I rang my cousin last night. She is (very) pregnant and not feeling too great so thought I'd try and cheer her up. Before we hung up, her youngest wanted to talk to me. She is speaking lots now, and is quite literally translating from Spanish, and sounds like she's reading from a children's book:

"Hello?"

"Hello sweetie. How're you doing?"

"Ok. But SuSu (their dog) did make a poop on the carpet and Mummy did get angry."

"Oh no!"

"Yes. It did smell very badly. She did do a runny one and she did step in it also."

The seriousness in her voice was incredible, and by this point I thought I was going to explode as I tried so hard not to laugh.

"Did Mummy put SuSu outside?"

"No. Mummy did catch SuSu in my towel (she says it "tooooow-el") and throw SuSu in to the shower. Poop was everywhere. Mummy did clean it up very well now."

I could hear my cousin creasing in the background.

"Maybe you should speak with Mummy now. She might pee in her pants."

The phone was suddenly passed back to my cousin, and we just laughed down the phone at each other until I got a stitch and had to put the phone down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of translating, what does it mean when you say "until I got a stitch..."?

Little sausage said...

A 'stitch', as in I laughed so hard the muscle cramps in my side got so bad I thought I had appendicitis. Does that help?