Monday 21 May 2007

Darn horse

My friend has gone away on holiday for 6 weeks, and I'm looking after her mare. I took the creature out on Saturday morning at 5am. It was great. She's skittish because she heard a plastic bag rustling, right? For the rest of the 3 hours we were out, she acts like an idiot. Jumping at any small sound. We get back just before 9am. She's still jumping around. This time I know she's doing it on purpose because there's nothing to spook her.

We go in to the paddock. The girl's a TB cross, so she has some moves, although she's never been put over a fence. We jumped a few and she was fine. She was loving it. And then on the last fence, she decided not to pay any attention to me and go the opposite way. By this time it was too late and it looked liked I'd done a not-so-stylish Superman-esque jump out of the saddle. Yesterday, I couldn't move, but I still managed to make cupcakes for my cousin's little girl's birthday party.

The whole horse fiasco? Caught on video. Of course.

No comments: